Prichard Water & Sewer GIS
City of Prichard Water Works & Sewer Board, AL
As part of this project, Constantine’s staff surveyed above-ground water and sewer features and developed a Geographic Information System (GIS) for the Water Works and Sewer Board of the City of Prichard in southwestern Alabama.
Constantine provided the following services:
- Prepared base layer data obtained from the Mobile County GIS Department GPS surveyed over 5,700 above-ground water and sewer features, including:
- 1,490 water valves
- 1,438 fire hydrants
- 2,775 manholes
- 29 sewer lift stations
- 40 sewer valves
- Using ESRI ArcMap software, developed GIS geodatabases from the field survey data and existing system documents (as -builts, old system maps, valve cards, etc.)
- Scanned system documents (e.g, as builts) and linked to GIS features
- Published map books for field crew use.
- Trained Prichard’s staff to use, maintain and update the GIS system.
- Installed ArcReader on Prichard computers for viewing published maps